Fish with lips

For Day 103 of the 365 Days of Art, I bring you a piece of art my step-daughter made when she was 10 years old.

 As many readers know, I have been going through some bins this spring - and when I found this colorful piece in one of B's scrapbooks, I kept going back to look at it.
It has a such a nice vibe -  I love those LIPS and the happiness B layered in her fish.

I also like her water depiction - the top is all dark - showing some cover for the fish in the seaweed and showing us that the fish might be down deep.  I also like how she has the fish off to the side (not bull's eye) and framed the fish with that yellow backdrop (underwater mound). And some movement felt in the vertical seaweed, but my eyes go back to the fish - the eyes, lips, smile, etc.
Untitled by Brogan, 2004 (10 years old) Media: Oil pastels
This is what Brogan put on the back of her fish piece (those lips again - hah). 
Y. Prior and Brogan in 2006 (she was 12)

 I leave you with a quote:


“The sea. The sea. The open sea. The blue, the fresh, the ever free!”

~ Bryan W. Procter