Peace Day is September 21st, 2017


I was walking by some pinwheels the other day. 
The wind was light that hour and only a few would whirl and then stop. 

I watched some pinwheels catch the wind and spin. 

I was thinking of the loss of my nephew and how I miss him so much.  The wind blowing reminded me of faith (like how we don't know where the wind comes from or where it is going - or when it will pick up - and we cannot always explain how a person's faith makes them alive again - but in heaven it will all be make sense when we get there....).

Then I remembered the pinwheels we made one year in the art room to celebrate "whirled" peace. 

Have you ever heard of Pinwheels for Peace or Peace One Day

"Peace One Day’s objective is to institutionalise Peace Day 21 September, making it a day that is self-sustaining, an annual day of global unity, a day of intercultural cooperation on a scale that humanity has never known." More info here:







Thought for the day:
Do you have peace inside? If you don't, why not ask God for peace and contentment - because a relationship with Him will anchor you inside - it is a faith thing and it takes experiencing it to fully understand.  And when I see the wind make a pinwheel twirl, I am reminded of God's omnipotence. 

~~~~~
I know September is months away, but maybe you can start thinking about an activity to do for whirled peace

 Maybe you can practice making a pinwheel:


Or.... 
Use this list to ponder what you can do on September 21st:


Lastly, here is a short video I made with the pinwheels I saw the other day. And because they reminded me of my nephew, I included a few photos of him in the video and synced it to Peace Sells by Megadeath.  The photos were taken in Colorado at Red Rocks and the mountain shots are the Mount of the Holy Cross. 




Hope you have a nice day.