Anchors


For the 98th day of 365 Days of Art, I wanted to share how everyday items are beautified by art.  I love anchors and so today's post has anchors. 

In this first photo we have a plate with a nautical edging and red anchor.  Then we have M's summer purse with a beautiful silk interior and an artsy tag with a gold anchor.

Here is an old anchor propped up on a beach in Virginia. 


My sweet friend, Jackie, made me an anchor necklace a few weeks before my nephew passed away.  And because the anchor is special to our family, I decided to hang the anchor on his photo during the funeral.  His funeral was so classy and gosh, feels silly to say that it was elegant - but it was.  My nephew's dad and brother planned the entire service with excellence and class. Anyhow, here is a photo I sent Jackie to thank her again for the anchor.... and to show her how it was a bit of art hanging on the photo frame.

Next are the three photos that were in the collage:


Closing thoughts for the day:

First, want to share the Anchors Aweigh hymn: 


ANCHORS AWEIGH - Navy Hymn

[Verse 1]
Stand, Navy, out to sea, Fight our battle cry;
We'll never change our course, So vicious foe steer shy-y-y-y.
Roll out the TNT, Anchors Aweigh. Sail on to victory
And sink their bones to Davy Jones, hooray!

[Verse 2]
Anchors Aweigh, my boys, Anchors Aweigh.
Farewell to college joys, we sail at break of day-ay-ay-ay.
Through our last night on shore, drink to the foam,
Until we meet once more. Here's wishing you a happy voyage home.
Author: George D. Lottman


Second, I don't want to get too religious on ya here (and I hate religiosity because it becomes so cold and legalistic as it can be about rules instead of warm relationship with our Maker) - so this is just a reminder to those of us who do anchor in the Lord - remember to keep the faith - don't let religion weigh you down because it is man-made - while faith is God authored. 
Let HOPE be the anchor for your soul.... That is good news so be of good cheer. 
.
.
.
.